- 13-Apr-2017 to 12-Jun-2017 (CST)
- Fairview Heights, IL, USA
- Part Time
The Volunteer and Special Events Assistant is responsible for supporting volunteer relations and activities, assisting in the planning, coordination and presentation of special events.
The position must sustain positive and mutually-rewarding relations between Hoyleton and its volunteers, event attendees, and constituents in creating mutually beneficial outcomes. This position requires an individual with strong organizational and two-way communication skills. The position requires an emphasis on customer service, professionalism, self-initiative, problem solving, and embraces high ethical standards.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- A Bachelor's Degree required with prior experience in a related field(s) (i.e. Public Relations, Event Coordination, Communications, Marketing, and Volunteer Coordination).
- Strong computer skills'in particular Microsoft Office Suite and donor/volunteer relations management software.
- Detailed and well organized with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cooperation with all members of the Hoyleton programs as well as donors, vendors and friends.
- Excellent written and oral skills and comfortable speaking in small and large forums.
- Must be able to complete DCFS/CANTS Clearance.
- Strong organizational and two-way communication skills.
- The position requires an emphasis on customer service, professionalism, self-initiative, problem solving, and embraces high ethical standards.
Area of Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Support the Supervisor of Donor and Volunteer Relations in the scheduling and coordinating of volunteer activities for the various programs of Hoyleton.
- Support the Supervisor of Donor and Volunteer Relations in the recruitment, screening and documentation of volunteers and the hours they work with Hoyleton programs and projects.
- Assist the Supervisor of Volunteer and Donor relations in the planning, coordination and presentation of special events for Hoyleton.
- Advise the Supervisor on strategies to support events, the cultivation of new donors, fundraising opportunities, donor and volunteer stewardship, work with entire development team to conceptualize and implement volunteer strategies for Hoyleton Youth and Family Services.
- This position requires attendance at all events and some night and weekend commitments.
- Other duties as assigned.