- 05-Apr-2017 to 04-Jun-2017 (CST)
- Hoyleton, IL, USA
- Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the direct supervision of residents in an environment that is supportive and assists the youth to maximize his/her functioning and enhance social skills and behavior management; Works as part of a team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- As a member of the cottage team, provides supervision, support, direction and behavior management to cottage residents. Assists residents with activities of daily living including personal hygiene, housekeeping, laundry, recreation and studying. As appropriate, allows residents to assist with meal preparation and clean up.
- Intervenes in times of conflict and stress in order to diffuse aggressive or inappropriate behavior. May be involved in physical restraints or seclusions.
- Records and maintains necessary records including Shift Summaries, incident reports, medication logs, clothing records and others as required by policy.
- Plans and accompanies residents to recreational activities both on and off campus. Maintains continuous supervision of each youth during all off campus activities.
- Transports youth to medical appointments, court hearings, home visits and other activities and appointments.
- Participates in cottage reviews, helps to develop behavior management strategies; reviews records of incoming residents; consults with cottage therapist to enhance understanding of the resident's emotional and mental health status.
- Assumes other related tasks as required by the Supervisory and Administrative staff.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must possess and retain a valid Illinois driver's license
- The personal characteristics and experiential background that enables them to provide appropriate care for children, to win their respect, to guide them in their development, to manage a home for them effectively, and to participate in the overall treatment program designed for the clients served.
- The temperament suited to working with and caring for children with special needs as appropriate
- Basic skills in first aid and the identification of medical needs.