- 03-Apr-2017 to 02-Jun-2017 (CST)
- Hoyleton, IL, USA
RESIDENTIAL SUMMER PROGRAM TEACHERS AIDE (AGES 9-20)
Hoyleton Ministries is seeking creative individuals to lead various educational and recreational activities. Our Summer Program runs June 1, 2017 through July 30, 2017. The days/hours are Monday through Thursday 8am - 4pm.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Summer Program Teacher Aide assists with the administration and implementation of the residential recreational and vocational program. They are to Assist Summer Program Teachers in various educational and recreational activities. Class subjects include: Media (Current events), Arts & Crafts, Cooking, Life Skills, Reading, and Fitness/P.E. They are to lead leisure and educational field trips to various locations.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. The Teacher Aide works directly with and supervises residents as they are engaged in variety of recreational and educational activities designed to promote positive self esteem, social skills and physical well being.
2. The Teacher Aide assists in formulating and maintaining Individual Treatment Plan (ITP) for each child according to the individual needs related to temperament, personality, energy level, intellectual functioning and social abilities.
3. The Teacher Aide in accordance with the resident's plan, provides instruction in identified life skills area and provides opportunities for life experiences designed to enhance their potential.
4. The Teacher Aide assists with the supervision of the use and maintenance of Activity Therapy Department facilities and equipment.
5. The Teacher Aide reports incidents or behavior problems to the Activity Therapist Supervisor.
6. The Teacher Aide will submit Medicaid documentation as required. 7. The Teacher Aide will assist with physically restraints that may be required to ensure personal safety of both clients and staff.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess and retain a valid Illinois driver's license and provide proof of insurance.
- The personal characteristics and experiential background that support the delivery of appropriate care for children, win respect, guide development, and to participate in the overall treatment program designed for the clients served